Sunday, December 2, 2012

Starting Fresh

This blog used to be so negative. I didn't even read the posts because I knew they were just dreadful cries and pleas for things to be the way they used to be. It was suppose to be a blog about my life, but it became centered around an ex of mine.

I erased all those posts. This blog should be happier than that, so I will make it more positive and start over. Since I'm only 23, which is pretty darn old in my mind, I have all my life to write about anything I want. I think I'll start with some old memories, work my way through the past, the present and eventually into the future!

I'm not a very good writer, but I do have an interesting mind. Some stories and thoughts may be boring, but stick with me and I'm sure I'll have some interesting things to say and opinions to express. So, when we get to the present and I share some of my thoughts I'm sure we'll have a fun time, I know I will!

Now, where to begin...How about my most heartbreaking breakup ever?!?! Just kidding. We'll get there later!

Let's start when I was about 6 or 7 years old. One of the earliest memories I can remember is being a night owl. I always had a bad habit of staying up to ungodly hours for someone my age and sneaking around my house. I admittedly got a rush from staying up and sneaking around late at night while my family slept. My mom always tried to teach me to get a good night of sleep and like any rebellious kid, I accepted the challenge. Part of the thrill was knowing how strict my parents were. They weren't out-of-control strict or anything, but I knew it was a risk breaking any rules growing up because of what it could potentially lead to. If you got whippings growing up then you know exactly what I mean.

Anyways, the highlights of me staying up late included more video games, more t.v., moving things in the house around, playing with my dog and other boring objectives. Achieving these tasks weren't always easy though! In Arizona, you knew growing up to watch your step and be aware of your surroundings. You never knew when a daddy long-legs spider (Yuck!) would be right around the corner or when a scorpion would be waiting for your next barefoot step. So you see, sneaking around our house wasn't always a sure thing at night!

The best part about it all was when I would sneak into my parents room. They have this nice big window view that oversees the city and I've always love the way my city looks at nighttime. It's such a pretty sight and I would always end my nighttime adventures just admiring the city in its nighttime glory.

It's a boring story, I know, but it's one I remember very clearly in my mind and has stuck around with me through the years. I can think of 5 crazy memories in my head right now, but I will save them and more for another day.

I figure how I'll do this is either a post every Wednesday or Sunday. Maybe even both. Hmmm, I'm not sure. Let's go with at least a post every week and then random posts whenever I feel that I need to talk about something.

This will be a personal and very truthful writing adventure. I'll keep the negative posts down and focus on more joyful ones, but there will be darker days you can't avoid of course.

Have a great day and glory to God!

2 comments:

  1. I love this David! Wow! I did NOT know you were a night-owl at 6 or 7! haha And I didn't know you were sneaking into Mom and Dad's room...that could have been dangerous if you know what I mean! hahaha...ewwwwww!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Statistically, the early 20s are when we get depressed. After that, it's all, "been there, done that -- so what?"

    So now I learn about the sneaking around and staring out my window during the wee hours of the morning!

    I love that view, too. So feel free to wander in and stare. Be aware that Max doesn't like it when even Daddy wanders around at night, so you have to take your chances against my ultra-guard doggie!

    ReplyDelete